A Completely Unique Family Food Festival
Sunday, May 22, 2011 • 10 AM – 5 PM
Jack London Square, Oakland
The 3rd annual DooF-a-Palooza, a free admission food and family festival for children of all ages and adults takes place at beautiful Jack London Square in Oakland. Like the wildly successful prior two festivals at Google Headquarters, DooF-a-Palooza, a food-backwards, table-to-source, food educational experience, includes contests, games, entertainment and fun hands-on activities with growers, chefs, purveyors, businesses, and cookbook authors all filmed and streamed live online.
20,000 people discover first-hand how the Bay Area’s best food purveyors, farmers, and organizations called ‘Sourcerers’ bring their magic to our tables. Be a Sourcerer! We encourage all DooF-a-Palooza participants to become Sourcerers and share in the journey of food from its source. Everyone gets to play in the fun!
SOME of the Zones and Activities at DooF-a-Palooza
The Sourcerers’ World: Making good food FUN!
- Art Pop Challenge – make the World’s Most Artistic Mega Pop with local street food cart Cranky Boots Pops
- Shrimp Splash – Get wet trolling for shrimp – sustainably, with CleanFish
- Braving the Bees with Marshall’s Farm Honey – Reach into a hive if you’re brave and harvest some honey
- Throw Dough with the great Pizza Chefs from Lanesplitter Pizza
- Meet a Real Farmer & Milk a Fake Cow with Organic Valley
- Mask-making with recycled packaging from Clif Kids
- Santa Cruz Organic/R.W. Knudsen Family – Journey of Apples Game/Apple juice & sauce samples
- Green Tea Facials for the whole family – Aubrey Organics
- The Butchers Guild – Learn the ‘art’ of butchering, with crayons
- Wild Veggie – Guess what’s in your smoothie!
- The Big Scavenger Hunt for prizes! Find clues at the local Pacific Coast Farmer’s Market and various other booths
The DooF Kitchen: Our Main Stage
- Refrigerator Challenge & Pantry Possibilities with celebrity Chef Joey Altman
- Food Knowledge from Chez Panisse Chef Cal Peternell
- Handmade Pasta and Hand Gestures – learn to make perfect pasta and speak Italian with Chef Gino
- The Great Shake Off – Dance and make butter with Organic Valley
- What’s Cooking with Kids with Michelle Stern
- Eating the Rainbow with Revolution Foods
- Yogurt Ambrosia with Star Chef Jenny Huston of the Oakland Food Policy Council
- Everything Tastes Funny with Violet The Clown
The DooF Playground
- Radio Disney’s Backwards Dance Contests and Live DJ Games
- Beet the Clock – a hilarious race-against-the-clock game show with food
- Healthy with a Chance of Meatballs! – Try catapulting fake meatballs 20 yards into tomato sauce
- Coconut Bowling – and you thought regular bowling was tough
- Explore Your Can Do Attitude: Balance on a Slack Wire with Can Do Kids
- Pony Rides, Carnival rides and Giant Slide
- Face painting, veggie art, jewelry making, strolling entertainers
- The Magic Parlour – learn food magic tricks with The Buddy Club Children’s Shows
- Join our team of DooF Kid bloggers and make a live video report
- Watch classics like Grocery Store Wars then learn how to animate food with Free Range Studios
- Meet the makers of Ready, Set, Bag, a film about the world’s fastest grocery baggers
- Books and Interviews with Authors and Chefs, Parents Press, Childhood Matters
- Meet Y – Our Planet DooF Space Alien Reporter
- Chipotle Mexican Grill – Tacos, Guacamole & Chips
- Curry Up Now – Indian Food
- Ear-Good Corn Roaster – Roasted Corn-on-the-Cob, Roasted Potatoes
- Guerilla Grub Food Cart – Organic Pulled Pork, Pulled Tofu, Coleslaw
- Hula Huts – Organic Hawaiian BBQ
- Laloo’s Goat Milk Ice Cream – Goat’s Milk Ice Cream
- Los Cilantros – Organic Alambres Steak & Cheese Plate, Sopas, Quesadillas, AguaFresca
- New Orleans Catering – Cajun Gumbo & Jambalaya
- Rudi’s Bakery – Organic Valley Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Saturn Cafe – Vegan Cupcake Decorating
- Sue’s Sassy Pies & Shave Ice – Sweet & Savory Pies, Shave Ice with Organic Syrups
Some of the Sponsors of DooF-a-Palooza: Aubrey Organics, Clif Kids, East Bay Express, Easter Seals, Jack London Square, KFOG, Lisannatti Cheese, Meyer Corp (Circulon), Nature’s Path, Newman’s Own Foundation, Pacific Coast Farmers Market, Pamela’s Products, Pop Chips, Port of Oakland, Radio Disney, R.W. Knudsen, Santa Cruz Organics, Rudi’s Organic Bakery, Shopwell.com, What’s Cooking with Kids, Whole Foods and more!
DooF-a-Palooza has an expected media reach of over 4 million families.
Produced by Another Bullwinkel Show, DooF-a-Palooza promises to become a signature family food event at Jack London Square. Join us! Applications are and more info are online at www.AnotherBullwinkelShow.com.